IMPORTANT: Backend update

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: IMPORTANT: Backend update
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 20:51:03 -0700

I've commited a new backend bundle/library, with probably the most uninspiring name, gnustep-back (aside from gnustep-base and gnustep-gui, that is ;-))

This is basically a revised xgps library broken up into better organized pieces (window server, device-independant graphics stack, xlib graphics stack).

I've also revised the list of graphic operators (PS and DPS operators) to only include essential graphic operators that don't require stack handling (which we've never properly implemented anyway) plus a few more functions that provide some important behavior. This new set of graphic operators should also allow us to emulate Quartz functionality (at some point).

The important thing to note is that once I commit the changes to the gnustep-gui library to handle this, the xgps backend will be obsolete. I've hacked some modifications to it so it's still useable (so I didn't shock anyone), but I don't intend to keep it up-to-date anymore, so at some point it will become unusable.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you