Re: (no subject)

From: M. Grabert
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:00:12 +0100 (IST)

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, M. Grabert wrote:

Okay, I have to reply to myself, but ...

> the latest CVS (a couple of minutes ago) fails to compile
> on a FreeBSD 4.5 notebook (dell latitude 610).
> CVS from before the backend change did work with the same
> configuration (except for the fact that /GNUstep, /Local and /Network
> are now symbolic links to /usr/local/GNustep, /usr/local/Local ...)

I removed the symlinks, updated CVS again and did a plain
./configure in 'gnustep/core/make'

> Following error (while trying to compile core/gui):
>
> GNUSTEP Internal Error:
> The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
> variables was not called.
> Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.
>
> Uncaught exception NSRecursiveLockException, reason: unlock: failed to unlock
> mutex
> gmake[2]: *** [example.service/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist] Error 1
> gmake[1]: *** [example.all.service.variables] Error 2
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/CVS/gnustep/core/gui/Tools'
> gmake: *** [internal-all] Error 2

Everything seems to work now!

Does GNUstep have some problems when $GNUSTEP_ROOT is a symlink ?
I don't think anything changed between the last two CVS updates.
Moreover I built GNUstep like I always do
(remove it completely, distclean all CVS directories, CVS update etc...)
So the only think that has changed is that I don't use a symlink
anymore and that I don't use the --with-local-root and --with-network-
root options in gnustep-make's configure.

greetings max