Re: How to work in GNUStep?

From: Jatin Nansi
Subject: Re: How to work in GNUStep?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:39:53 +0530

Hi,

yes, i did load the gnustep env.
basically, i have figured 2 things out till now:

1.  As per the xinitrc found in the doc below, gdnc should
be started if gdomap -L GDNCserver says that it is not running.
so to debug, i start gdnc by hand, and then run the gdomap command.
even then, gdomap still says that it cannot find GDNCserver.

2.  No matter what i do, whenever i try to openapp ant gnustep app,
ie projcenter/workspace etc, i allways get this error:

Apr 05 11:38:25 ProjectCenter[1582] NSApplication.m:192  Assertion failed in
initialize_gnustep_backend.  Unable to load backend, aborting
Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason:
NSApplication.m:192  Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend.  Unable
to load backend, aborting

so what is wrong with the backend and what do i do next?

Jatin