Re: How to work in GNUStep?

From: M. Grabert
Subject: Re: How to work in GNUStep?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:54:58 +0100 (IST)

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Dennis Leeuw wrote:

> > > And use csh, tcsh, sh or bash to load GNUstep.(c)sh.
> > >
> > > At least zsh-4.0.4 fails to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH right
> > > (on my debian system). In $GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/ld_lib_path.sh
> > > the variable IFS is not handled correctly (or just ignored).

sorry, actually it was a FreeBSD-4.5 system (fresh install, default
settings, no zshrc). It's zsh-4.0.4 and GNUstep-CVS from yesterday.

I also have a debian woody (also zsh-4.0.4), but with an rather
old GNUstep-CVS (before backend change, after Makefile change).
On the Debian system it works perfectly.

The problem is because of the zsh installed on FreeBSD;
SH_WORD_SPLIT is disabled by default, therefore you have to
turn it on, e.g. 'zsh --sh-word-split', 'zsh -o shwordsplit', 'zsh -y'
or by setting 'setopt SH_WORD_SPLIT' in one of zsh's startup files.

greetings max