Re: gdb and GNUstep

From: David Relson
Subject: Re: gdb and GNUstep
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:14:49 -0400

At 10:23 PM 4/21/02, Adam Fedor wrote:
David Relson wrote:
Given Apple's release of their gdb modifications and the likelihood of their being applied to the gdb tree _some_day_, I haven't made any further efforts. AFAIK, gdb-5.1 doesn't include Objective-C support and there is no patch for gdb-5.1-objc.
I just put a patch for gdb-5.1 (thanks to Jeff Teunissen) at

ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/patches

The gdb maintainer has said previously he might have time to integrate Apple's patch after 5.2 is released, so at least there is hope, but don't bet any money on it yet.

Adam,

I won't bet any many and I won't hold my breath :-) I've been hanging on to that hope for the past couple of years, and I shall continue hoping.

David