Re: GNUstep and libobjc detection

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep and libobjc detection
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 08:27:13 -0600

M. Grabert wrote:
Since this issue will be solved with the release of gcc-3.1 (hopefully),
we could enable the uncommented code if it's working for all prevoius gcc?

For 3.1 and above, the commented code isn't necessary. It's only useful for gcc 3.0.x, but then Debian has a workaround that adds the correct directory anyway, so adding the commented code causes some unwanted effects. I don't think there is any good solution other than asking the user to manual add the path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH or ld.so.conf

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you