Re: gnustep making me crazy

From: Kees Cook
Subject: Re: gnustep making me crazy
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:18:36 -0700

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:59:36PM +0100, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> It's the network address that the server is using ... it should be
> 0.0.0.0:0 (INADDR_ANY)
> The fact that it's not would seem to indicate something severely wrong
> with something on your system.
> Perhaps the networking headers, perhaps the compiler, perhaps something
> else entirely.
> This is *so* wrong, that the only thing I can think of to try to track
> it down is to
> run the program under gdb and step through it line by line to see where
> things are going wrong.

strace says:

socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_IP) = 3
setsockopt(3, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, [1], 4) = 0
bind(3, {sin_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(0),
sin_addr=inet_addr("191.0.0.0")}}, 16) = -1 EADDRNOTAVAIL (Cannot assign
requested address)

Hm, so here's where it's happening.  There doesn't appear to be any config
files that it's coming from.

What can I do with gdb to catch it before the error?

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net