Re[2]: Why does NSDictionary respond to @selector(name)?

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[2]: Why does NSDictionary respond to @selector(name)?
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:31:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 May 2002 16:15:51 +0100 (BST) Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk>
wrote:
 >| I think your problem happens because gnustep's NSObject has a method
 >|
 >| - (const char *) name
 >|
 >| which is for compatibility with the (very old) NEXTSTEP Object class.
 >|
 >| Maybe if nobody uses that method we should drop it.

It would be great because it generate a lot of warnings (returns a char* while
-name method in user objects often return
an object) and may be confusing.

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998