Re: Objc++ support in gcc

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Objc++ support in gcc
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 22:25:20 +0200

Am Freitag den, 10. Mai 2002, um 18:48, schrieb Chris B. Vetter:

Omni Group recently changed their source distribution from .tgz
to .dmg ... even if 'patches' for GNUstep are provided, you will have
a hard time finding an archiver for that outside the Apple world.

Luckily, quite a few OS X users seem to watch this list. Perhaps somebody with a faster net connection than mine (64 kbit) could chime in?

If not, please send me a list of the links in question.

(I may be wrong here, but I couldn't find any so far)

Well, the format is proprietary, AFAIK. You'd have to reengineer it. It seems to be some form of disk image with only the used blocks compressed.

An alternative would be to either convince them to switch back ...

What about sourceforge's compiler farm? "hdiutil" is the tool to use from the command line. Help is built in.

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/