Re: Proposal question.

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Proposal question.
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:55:35 -0600

Tim Harrison wrote:
c. If no, would anyone be terribly offended if a patch was created that the LinuxSTEP base team could apply to a release of GNUstep for integration into LinuxSTEP?

Sorry I took so long to reply. If you want something changed in GNUstep, the best way to do it is send a patch. However, given the minor uproar after such a relatively minor change as switching 'Apps' to 'Applications', I can't really guarentee it will be (completely) accepted. Making the patch 'optional' via some configure or make switch would help, as long as it's well written.

d. Is there an official release planned soon, so that the LinuxSTEP base team can use that as a baseline (as the CVS code tends to change at a moment's notice, effectively forcing applications to be recompiled)?

See http://www.gnustep.org/developers/schedule.html

The base library, however, should be stable. You shouldn't have to recompile Apps when it changes. The gui is another matter, though.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you