gcc3.1 on Redhat 7.3

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: gcc3.1 on Redhat 7.3
Date: 27 May 2002 12:00:28 +0200

Hello,

I'm currently going through the hassles of setting up a RedHat 7.3 box,
which turns out to be less GNUstep friendly than RH7.2. Unlike RH7.2 no
gcc3 is provided.
Therefore I downloaded and compiled gcc 3.1 without any problems.
However only a static libobjc is generated (libobjc.a; also libobjc.la
is produced: what is this for?). Does anybody know how to force a shared
library in the gcc compilation process?

Once I succeed I will put specific instructions for RH7.3 on the web.

Thanks,
        Stefan