Re: (no subject)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:53:38 -0600

Paul Fox wrote:

I also tried a 'simple' app I use for playing with and this only
displays the icon - no dialog panel.

I didn't even get that far. You create a window which you defer, even though you order it front in the next line. Then you sneakily (sp?) override canBecomeKeyWindow to return YES always, which exposed a bug in gnustep-gui, which caused the app to crash.

I fixed this.

But then when I run it, I don't get the dialog panel (because you try to orderFront when the app is not active - your should instead try orderFrontRegardless). Then the validateMenuItem: tries to recreate the mainMenu almost every time it's called. I'm not sure why it does that.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you