Re: OS Suggestions?

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: OS Suggestions?
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:57:09 -0700

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 16:33:12 +0100
Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
[...]
> In the past BSD has had some problems ... but it's probably ok now.

It is. The only "problem" (I have) is that (Free)BSD by default still
comes with gcc 2.95.3 - so you would have to remember to install libobjc.

I don't think there is a "best choice" - it's all about personal
preference and what you actually want to do. If you ask a die-hard
Linux zealot err user, he'll tell you to go with it - which
distribution is another issue entirely - while one of the 'old guys'
would probably recommend Slowlaris...

Personally, I would opt for (Free)BSD - though most probably use some
sort of Linux - so if you do run into problems, it's more likely to
find someone who can help you out.
Oh, and then there is 'LinuxSTEP', and 'Simply GNUstep' of course...

--
Chris