RE: running applications

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: RE: running applications
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:33:33 +0200

>Yes thank you... I've got that problem solved now.  Now I'm just having
>problems with GWorkspace.  I open the application and the desktop for
>GWorkspace appears for only a few seconds then fails with an Illegal
>Instruction (core dumped) error.

Do you have some experience using the debugger gdb? If not, using it for
that purpose is simple. Start GWorkspace with the debugger attached (gdb
<programname>). After the crash drop into the debugger and type "bt"
(stands for backtrace). Some information of the current programstate
appear. Send that output to the list please. quit the debugger by typing
"quit"

>Thanks.

greetings, Lars