Re: GDL Examples?

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: GDL Examples?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:06:24 +0200 (CEST)

> From: Ron Turner <raturne@attglobal.net>
> Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:48:48 -0700
>
> Does anyone know if there are more extensive examples available
> demonstrating the use of the higher-level classes in the GNUstep
> Database Library?  I've written the required adpator level classes to
> interface with the MySQL server and tested at that level but would now
> like to test with the higher level classes.  Unfortunately, I'm finding
> the higher level interface somewhat confusing...  Any help would be much
> appreciated!

May be you could use (port) the EnterpriseObjects Examples from NeXT.

I've put a copy at:

ftp://hermes.afaa.asso.fr/pub/nextstep/Examples_EnterpriseObjects-1.1.tar.gz

ftp://hermes.afaa.asso.fr/pub/nextstep/Examples_EnterpriseObjects-2.1.tar.gz

I've not checked,  but I guess that examples of 1.1  use the AppKit of
NeXTSTEP  3.3 (not  OpenStep), but  are compatible  with GDL  1, while
examples of  2.1 use the  OpenStep AppKit, but  need the version  2 of
GDL.

So, if  you use GDL 1,  you'll need to  rewrite the GUI part  of these
examples...

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/