gdb for Objective C

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: gdb for Objective C
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:35:11 +0200

Hi there,
I have a problem concerning debugging og GNUstep applications. I downloaded the
gnd 5.1.1 sources and patched them with the (hopefully) appropriate patch.
Compiling worked fine.
When debugging my app everything works up to the point where the first object
is called (respectively the first message is sent to an object). From this
point the application (and thus the debugger) hangs. It seems to make no
difference which class of object it is and which method is called. The system
load goes up to about 95% (which goes on the account of gdb according to 'top')
and the only thing I can do is kill the debugger.
Has anyone seen this and knows a solution? Or does at least anyone have an
idea?.
If this is of interest, my GNUstep env. is the following:

gnustep-base 1.3.4
gnustep-gui 0.7.6
gnustep-xgps 0.7.6
gnustep-make 1.3.4