Re: defaults randomly being overwritten?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: defaults randomly being overwritten?
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:53:13 +0100 (BST)

> Ian Jones wrote:
>
> > experiencing. He said that he had experienced strange behaviour when old
> > versions of gdomap, gdnc and gpbs had not been killed explicitly. I
>
> That hasn't been the case here.  Every time I update GNUstep, I reboot
> cleanly, making sure that nothing is running.  I still have my defaults
> vanish completely every once in a while.

Ok - thanks - the best help you can give us is trying to find out more
about what triggers this destruction of the user defaults.

Does it happen when multiple applications are accessing user defaults at
the same time ?  Or when an application crashes ?  Which application ?
Are threads involved (I think GNUMail uses threads, doesn't it ?) ?

Any help in trying to reproduce/track the bug is appreciated.