Re: GWorkspace - App Wrappers - some observations

From: Richard Stonehouse
Subject: Re: GWorkspace - App Wrappers - some observations
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 01:02:21 -0000

The message <E17X6xk-000FSz-00@toybox.twisted.org.uk>
from Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> contains these words:

> from man 1 ps:

>      -C      Change the way the cpu percentage is calculated by using a
>              ``raw'' cpu calculation that ignores ``resident'' time
>              (this nor-
>              mally has no effect).

> -bat. [god knows what the best way to do it is though...]

'man ps' gives me:

   PROCESS SELECTION BY LIST
       Switch    Description
       -C        select by command name

and

   OUTPUT MODIFIERS
       Switch         Description
       C              use raw CPU time for %CPU instead of decaying average

(procps version 2.0.7 under Linux 2.4.18 kernel).

The 'ps -C' line I quoted works on my system, but evidently not all ps's
are alike! So back to the drawing board ...

--

    Richard Stonehouse