Re: Strange compile error

From: Nick Zitzmann
Subject: Re: Strange compile error
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:05:58 -0700

On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 02:30  PM, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

gcc --version ?

od -c your-source.m

string your  compiler to see if there  is not a spelling  error in its
error messages.

Next, strace the compilation and see what the parser read.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this; I don't use Linux that often.

For those of you wondering what I'm talking about, I was having a problem where the compiler generated an error at my application's @interface declaration; it kept thinking it said "@interfaces" and was giving me an error even though it said "@interface".

Anyway, I traced the problem down to a C header file I was including. In Mac OS X's GCC 2.95.2, I can do an include line that looks like this:

#include "/Path/To/A/Standard/C/Header.h"

But if I use this line in GCC 2.95.2 on Linux, it somehow reads my @interface declaration wrong. Is it maybe the header file, or is it GCC? If it's GCC, how do I correct this?

Nick Zitzmann
ICQ: 22305512

Check out my software page: http://homepage.mac.com/nickzman/