RE: GNUstep.h (was: Re: Setter Gettor method style)

From: Bissell, Tim
Subject: RE: GNUstep.h (was: Re: Setter Gettor method style)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:06:39 +0100

> From: Sir Raorn [mailto:address@hidden
> I'm just not sure how ({}) will be expanded by preprocessor in
> for example this code:
> if(...)
> else
> But it seems that I'm just a kind of paranoid ;-)

Check earlier emails on this subject in the list.  ({ and }) are
untouched by the preprocessor; so it passes through to the C compiler.

({ ... }) is a gcc C language extension which turns a C compound statement
 { ... } into a C expression.  A C expression followed by a semicolon is
a C statement, so

if (...)

id valid C (for gcc).  As GNUstep is written for gcc and the gcc Objective-C
runtime, using gcc extensions to the C language is a valid policy.

hope this helps!