Re: HTML widget?

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: Re: HTML widget?
Date: 22 Aug 2002 10:07:00 +0200

I've just started work on a HTML-Parser. In GNUStep we have the concept
of a full-featured text system which is capable of displaying any file
format, however rich it may be. It is sufficient then to parse the file
format appropriately into the text system in place.

Note, however that as of yet, we parse into NSAttributedStrings, which
means that we do no layouting. As the Text System matures we have to add
an API for doing that. For this reason the HTML-part of mine e.g. will
not support frames.

I hope to submit a skeleton implementation soon and you are more than
welcome to join into the implementation.

Best wishes,

        Stefan