Re: GWorkspace segfault on launch

From: jordan muscott
Subject: Re: GWorkspace segfault on launch
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 02:01:11 +0100

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:48:26 -0400
Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Welcome to GNUstep :-).

thanks :)

>Which version of GNUstep did you compile?

gnustep-gui-0.8.0-1
gnustep-base-1.4.0-1
gnustep-back-0.8.0-1
gnustep-make-1.4.0-1

i actually rebuilt the source rpms.

>> im running mandrake-linux 8.1,  with the infamous gcc 2.96.
>
>You are using gcc 2.x, did you compile the Objective C runtime included
>with GNUstep? The one in GCC 2.x is broken.

ah yes - i think this is where the problem may lie. I did build the Objective C
runtime included with GNUStep, but foolishly didn't uninstall the old one
(idiot :(  )

new question:
i see the GNUstep objective C runtime libs get installed in
/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/, do i need to add this directory
to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?

thanks, jordan.