Re: GWorkspace segfault on launch

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: GWorkspace segfault on launch
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:22:58 -0400

On Sat. Aug. 24, 2002 at 02:01:11 +0100 GMT, a lone cry was heard from
jordan muscott <jordan@no-future.com> in the wasteland called the
Internet:

> ah yes - i think this is where the problem may lie. I did build the
> Objective C runtime included with GNUStep, but foolishly didn't
> uninstall the old one (idiot :(  )

You don't have to uninstall the old one, GNUstep will use the GNUstep
version automatically. It looks like your problem lies somewhere else,
you should make a debug version by passing debug=yes to make, ie:

make debug=yes

and open the app with debugapp instead of openapp and post the output.

Charles

--
"Nature abhors a Vacuum"

  -- Brian Behlendorf on OSS (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and
Associates)