Re: GSStreamContext patch

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GSStreamContext patch
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:43:00 -0600

Stefan Urbanek wrote:
Hello,

Here is a patch, that fixes printing of strings containing '(' and ')' characters. There was already a method that prefixed parenthesis with the backslash character, but it was not used.

Thanks. I added this.

It is now possible, after adjusting a window width (shouldn't it be window-independent?), to create almost printable postscrip in GNUMail.

Unless you tell it otherwise, the printing mechanism just prints the NSView "as-is" (i.e. WYSIWYG). GNUMail could fit the text to a single page width by setting horizontalPagination, but that would just result in everything being scaled to fit the width.

To actually re-layout the text for a page width, I imaging GNUMail would have to write the text into a different (hidden) view that fit the page size and print that.

Does it work otherwise on MacOSX? If so perhaps I'll have to look at the documentation again to see where I went wrong.

---

Of course, that isn't to say that there aren't a whole bunch of bugs in the printing mechanism. I just fixed a few along with adding this patch.

I just got a printer hooked up to my computer so now maybe I'll have more incentive to get printing working better.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you