Re: GNUstep directory layout

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep directory layout
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:42:16 +0100 (BST)

> <<As a related issue, I also extended openapp to be able to manage the
> case 'openapp Gorm' (as opposed to 'openapp Gorm.app').  openapp will
> then automatically search for Gorm.app or Gorm.debug or Gorm.profile.>>
>
> What happens if Gorm.app, Gorm.debug, and Gorm.profile all exist?  What
> gets precedence?

Gorm.app.

If you know what you want, you can still ask for it -

 openapp Gorm.profile

will pick up Gorm.profile and ignore Gorm.app and Gorm.debug.

If you don't, then openapp will use the following order of preferences:
Gorm.app preferred to Gorm.debug preferred to Gorm.profile.

I can change this order if given convincing reasons to do so :-) otherwise
I'd leave it as it is.