Announcing GLife.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Announcing GLife.
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:40:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi there,

I have been spending quite some time on a new application, i.e. a
GNUstep version of Conway's Game of Life, where the user can set his
own rules. The program reads the popular LIF file format and uses some
ideas (namely the combination of hash tables and arrays to represent
the board) by A. Hensel, a Life wizard, URL on my GNUstep page. It's
not nearly as fast as I would like and those of you who have
experience coding are invited to make it a better program. It works
with some patterns from the collection, but not with others. I'm not
quite sure where the problem is.

The URL is http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/GNUstep/index.html.

Thanks to David Relson for suggesting this application.

This is a beta release.

Enjoy!

Regards,

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, mriedel@neuearbeit.de |