Re: Problem with (using) autogsdoc

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problem with (using) autogsdoc
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:24:34 +0100

On Wednesday, September 18, 2002, at 10:35 PM, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:27:17 +0100
Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
I'm having trouble figuring out what you mean.
Are you expecting author information to be inserted into the
FunctionsTemplate
file?  Nothing apart from function documentation is put there ... it's
up to you to create the template you want.  Or use -FunctionsTemplate
"" to tell autogsdoc not to merge functions from different files into
one place.

I have a standard header for .H and .M files that get parsed by sed(1)
when I create a new "file set" (that is foobar.m and foobar.h)

  /** FILE: foobar.[hm]
    *
    * <title>foobar</title>
    *
    * Copyright (c) Foobar, Inc
    * All rights reserved.
    *
    * Written by: author (email)
    *
    [...]

I was wondering, why that information IS picked up for files containing a
class, but NOT for files only containing (C) functions.

I think this confusion is because I left autogsdoc with some loose ends ...
I left a hack in place that left the various template flags turned on by
default (I've removed that), and didn't document the use of those flags
(I've added some more documentation now).

If you run autogsdoc normally (ie. not set to combine all functions into
a single file), foo.[hm] should produce a foo.gsdoc and a foo.html with
the function documentation along with author, copyright etc.

If you tell autogsdoc to combine the function documentation into a template, you ideally create that template yourself ... as it contains fragments from possibly very many source files, it does not know what copyright/author etc info would apply - so you put the info you want into the template manually.