Re: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possible?)

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possible?)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 14:20:56 -0500

At 3:37 PM +0100 9/28/02, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
On Saturday, September 28, 2002, at 01:18 AM, Chris Hanson wrote:
* The ability to easily port from Cocoa to GNUstep. A simple nib converter that's completely independent of GNUstep would go a long way here.

What's the benefit of a nib converter being 'independent' of gnustep? I'm not even sure what this means ... how could it possibly be independent of GNUstep if it's converting nibs for it?

The advantage is that Cocoa developers wouldn't have to figure out how to build GNUstep on Mac OS X just to convert some nibs.

That's what I mean by "independent" of GNUstep. It shouldn't rely on other GNUstep code to work.

  -- Chris

--
Chris Hanson                      |  Email: cmh@bDistributed.com
bDistributed.com, Inc.            |  Phone: +1-847-372-3955