Re: to all german speaking 'steppers: Cocoa article in c't magazine

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: to all german speaking 'steppers: Cocoa article in c't magazine
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:18:48 +0200

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
In the latest issue of the german computermagazine c't is an article on programming in Cocoa on page 242. The article gives a good overview on the topic and sheds some light on the "mechanics behind the curtains" but there is no mention of GNUstep so far.

Since there was an article on GNUstep written by Stefan Boehringer <stefan.boehringer@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> planned for the same magazine some time ago but later rejected by the leading editor for "the lack of interest" on the readers side, we should write letters to the editor demanding for some GNUstep coverage or an ongoing series of articles on Cocoa/OpenStep/GNUstep/ObjC programming. This could lead to increased interest in GNUstep on return. We only must convince the c't team that GNUstep IS important.

adress for the letters to the editor: mailto:ct@ct.heise.de or mailto:adb@ct.heise.de

I would prefer to have just one polite letter to the editor. In this the writer would just explain what GNUstep is and point to the web side. Such a letter will surely be printed in the next release of the c't. This would GNUstep give the same visibility as a separate article, at least I read all the letters very carefully. Has anybody already written a letter? If not, I would volunteer for this. What I would not do is join a lobbying campain for GNUstep.

Cheers
Fred