Re: gnustep-base cannot find its headers?

From: Marcel Weiher
Subject: Re: gnustep-base cannot find its headers?
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:49:14 +0200

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 04:49  Uhr, Adam Fedor wrote:

It could go in base/Sources/Additional/Makefile.preamble (ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_DIRS), but everything should be there already. Try running make with

make messages=yes

and it should give you more info on the include directories it's looking in.

Thanks for the tip, that finally helped me track it down.

It turns out that the MinGW compiler doesn't understand the ".lnk" files cygwin uses to simulate symbolic links (which is obvious once you think about it, I just didn't know such a simulation was taking place, but that is also obvious once you think about it...)

Solution: replace the symbolic link from Foundation to gnustep/base with a copy of the directory.

I love Windows... ;-)

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher                           Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel@metaobject.com           www.metaobject.com