Re: mklinux etc

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: mklinux etc
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:52:06 +0200

>I wanted to get gnustep on my MkLinux pre-R2... up to the point to
>som applications.

Is this still alive?

>i got the current packages and tried to build them

what version of gcc do you use? Some versions need the patched ObjC
library installed.

>"objc" doesn't build since it misses "install-sh" in an impossible place
>"gui" .8.1 also didn't build. It got errors in pthe "oss" stuff, i picked
>.8.0 ant  that compiled fine. (expet warnings)

please send the exact error messages to the list.

>I then installed everything...
>i tried to build some applications, like the workspace.
>It builds happily dozens of gile, then complains not finding base shared
>The same with the pproject builder.
>i compiled and tried to run some of the CLI tests. Most work, some fail
>Unfortunately I don't have MkLinux working well with PPP so I need to use
>macos to post mails, in the case these problems aren't well known and I
>to be more specific, I can log to a file what is needed and mail it
>thereafter. But it's cumpersome (still need to mount read/write HFS

depending on the version of Mac OS you have, you should be able to mount
UFS patitions (Mac OS 9 does so, but I don't know if it runs on your
machine, it must be pretty old, otherwise you would not use MkLinux but
some sort of Linux/PPC) But you could also try some sort of Windows type
partition (FAT), should be supported by both Mac OS and Linux

>    Ric

greetings, Lars