Re: Win2000 : solution

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Win2000 : solution
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:13:27 +0100 (BST)

> In order to investigate the problem with NSBundle I wrote a small program I
> enclosed.
> I am very new to Object C and GNUSstep, so I can't investigate very far.
> Results with my small program :
>
> NSClassFromString can load a class from the bundle
> [NSBundle classNamed:@"class"] can't load a class from the bundle
> [NSBundle principalClass] can load a class from the bundle

Thanks - I changed the gui library to use NSClassFromString(). :-)

> [NSBundle classNamed:@"class"]  works fine in the NSBundle testing include
> in the base/Testing directory. It seems me that it is maybe a problem
> related to the path format.

If you like chasing this, I'd suggest checking what happens inside
core/base/Source/NSBundle.m during the loading of the bundle.

After the bundle has been loaded, the private gnustep method [bundle
_bundleClasses] should return an NSArray of all classes which were loaded
from the bundle.  Does it work ?

If it works, then classNamed: should be working too ... why it's not ?
You may want to check it.

If _bundleClasses is not correct, you may want to check that
_bundle_load_callback() is called for each class which is loaded ...

I'm just suggesting how to gather more info, in case you have some more
time you want to use to debug it a little ...

Thanks for your reports! :-)