Re: gnustep-base on msys/mingw: make always regenerates

From: Marcel Weiher
Subject: Re: gnustep-base on msys/mingw: make always regenerates
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:36:11 +0200

On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, at 01:10  Uhr, Adam Fedor wrote:

Marcel Weiher wrote:
I will report on details later, but right now the problem is that although I can compile+link a small test-program, (pretty much hello-world.m with one class reference), this doesn't run. It exits with an NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason "Runtime incorrectly configured to pass argframes". The nice thing is that it at least behaves identically from a plain DOS prompt, so that was good to see ;-) There were some problems installing the ffcall library, so my working guess is that it's related to that. For example, gnustep-base's autoconf wouldn't autodetect ffcall no matter where I put libs + headers (or at least so it seemed) so I had to specify this on the configure command line.

Could be.

Well, I fixed my code not to send an unknown selector (Duh again!), and now I can get some basic Foundation-based code to actually run.

Hooray!

However, I will be needing forwarding, so I'll have to figure this out eventually.

What does configure say, exactly (send me the config.log file)?

It seems more likely that the libobjc library does not handle ffcall. Did you install gnustep-objc?

Yes.  I just re-checked that it is the only objc left.

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher                           Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel@metaobject.com           www.metaobject.com