Re: Compile problems with -g ?

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Compile problems with -g ?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:51:29 +0100

On Friday, Oct 25, 2002, at 13:51 Europe/Berlin, Pete French wrote:
Is anyone else using gcc3.0.4 and if so then do they see the same effect ?
If other people get the same then I'll treat it as a gcc bug and submit
a bug report - but I am just concerned it might be an artefact of my system
rather than gcc itself.

Hi Pete,

sorry for not replying earlier, but I didn't read the list for some days now. I have had the same problems you mentioned on FreeBSD with FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE and gcc 3.0.4. The problems went away as soon as I upgraded to gcc 3.1 on FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE.

I'm currently using gcc32 (GCC) 3.2.1 20020902 (prerelease) [FreeBSD] built from the ports collection (/usr/ports/lang/gcc32) with WANT_THREADS_SUPPORT=YES on FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE and I'm able to do debug-builds. However, be aware of the fact that you need gdb 5 (I'm using gdb52) for debugging.

I applied Adam's Objective-C patches to gdb 5.2 but gdb52 crashes on several occasions. However, the vanilla gdb52 also crashes from time to time, so I don't blame it on Adam's patches.

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Mueller  .  .  .  crack-admin/coder ;-)
Mulle kybernetiK  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com