Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] GSXView

From: Frederic De Jaeger
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] GSXView
Date: 28 Oct 2002 20:23:37 +0100

BG> You may already know this, but I thought I would explicitly mention
BG> that the NSOpenGLView (in Cocoa) is purely a convenience class. In a
BG> way which probably is analogous to the approach you mention, one can
BG> attach an NSOpenGLContext to any NSView. All that is necessary is to
BG> inform the context whenever the NSView changes size (by means of
BG> -update, if I remember correctly).

In fact, it may be quite simple to attach a GL context to any view that
is not rotated:  Just create a sub xwindow located exactly at the
position of the given view in it enclosing NSWindow (and update it
when the context receives the -update message)
We don't  need the GSXView for that anymore...

what is the semantic with respects to subviews, in this case ?
Because in this implementation, no subviews will be visible anymore.
Nor any overlapping view (because the drawing of such views will be
clipped by the glx window.)

Cheers,

        Frédéric