Re: Bug in setPersistentDomain?

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: Bug in setPersistentDomain?
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:19:55 +0100

On 2002-11-12 14:48:05 +0000 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>
wrote:

On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 02:33  pm, Andreas Heppel wrote:

Concerning the OSX specs, is it possible that we do have different issues? The
document I have here reads that setPersistentDomain:forName: will raise an
exception if a _persistent_ domain of this name already exists. The same goes
for setVolatileDomain:forName:. This is complete nonsense to me, because doing
it like this would mean I can't change a domain without previously removing it.
Thus my question above how it can be that GNUstep conforms to both.

My copy of the documentation ... MacOS-X 10.2 (jaguar) doesn't say anything
about setPersistentDomain:forName: raising an exception, but does say that
setVolatileDomain:forName: raises an exception if the volatile domain name is
already set.

I see. It looks like my copy is older. It still metions this exception.

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out GSburn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net