Re: "multiple inheritence" / behavior

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: "multiple inheritence" / behavior
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:47:43 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> I think the behavior.h file has always been public in the base library.
>   It is installed in /usr/GNUstep/System/Headers/gnustep/base along with
> most other non-Foundation headers,

I was looking at .../Headers/Foundation/, but the current way is better.

> but It's not documented though, and
> the comments in the source/headers warn about using it ... probably
> that should be changed (ie. documentation added and warnings
> updated/clarified).

Well, it is tricky stuff, so the warnings are warranted. However, I
think we should remove the "It might go away..." comment; it's been
there since -95 :). Exact documentation of the semantics probably isn't
useful (very tricky, and might depend on the runtime), but I'll see if I
can add something about (relatively) safe use.

- Alexander Malmberg