Re: GDL2 on MacOS X

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: GDL2 on MacOS X
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:14:57 +0100

Each and  every sentense written by  Nicola is one  more point showing
that software  patents are  a bad  thing.  US patents  are not  to the
advantage of the  US people, since they could  prevent them to benefit
from the  work of the  rest of the  world (and vice-versa  of European
patents for Europeans, etc). They're  not even to the advantage of the
patent  holders, and  are  clearly nefarious  to  the patent  holders'
customers.   Their  effect is  to  impose  to  the patent  holders  to
contract armies of patent lawyers, thus increasing their costs and the
price for  their customers.   And then, as  FUD generator,  they would
even prevent third parties to  develop software and systems that would
help the patent holders to difuse their products.  What a shame!