Re: Building baseadd under OS X?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Building baseadd under OS X?
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 08:24:47 -0700

First you need to make sure you've configured gnustep-make like this:

./configure --with-library-combo=nx-nx-nx

If you still get a problem you can send the config.log file so I can see what might be wrong.

Victor Ng wrote:
I can't seem to compile under OSX 10.2.2.

I've built core/make and run ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/GNUstep;make;sudo make install

 From this directory:

/Users/victorng/gnustep/core/base

when I run make add=yes base=no

it looks like the configure script is running and it fails eventually with this message:

checking whether objc really works... no
I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
working binaries!  Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.
If you are using gcc-3.x make sure that your compiler's libgcc_s and libobjc
can be found by the dynamic linker - usually that requires you to play
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.
Please refer to your compiler installation instructions for more help.
configure: error: The Objective-C compiler doesn't work or is not installed properly.
make: *** [base.make] Error 1

any ideas?