Re: SimplyGNUstep (Prometheus)

From: Ian Mondragon
Subject: Re: SimplyGNUstep (Prometheus)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 18:56:52 -0600

hello all. been a while since i've been active on the lists, but i feel duty-bound to respond to all of this since IWM came into the picture. i can't deny that development on IWM has slowed down to a crawl in the past several months (more akin to crawling uphill on one's lips, but i digress), but i have no plans to let the project die. at all. but, it *is* an open-source project, and recently i've had very little time to devote to it. to everyone that is/was banking on IWM for immediate use, i apologize for the disappointment but hope that i can follow through with the promise for a brighter future for the project <grin>. to address the comments below, yes there are plenty of minor buglets in iwm in it's current incarnation, and a couple of bigger ones (say, for instance, the fact that gnustep application handling got b0rken along the way - which completely kills the point of it's existance in the first place...), but i personally use it all the time. as far as documentation goes, i've been renewing my efforts to use headerdoc comments throughout the entire codebase, but should probably generate the docs for download, eh?

anyways - this is all really lighting a fire under my ass to get back to work on IWM, so off i go. see me go?

if anyone (yes that means you) has any suggestions/questions/comments/requests for IWM - PLEASE join the interfacewm-discuss list and suggest/ask/comment/request away.

- ian mondragon