RE: [Interfacewm-discuss] Release 0.2.2 This Week

From: Mondragon, Ian
Subject: RE: [Interfacewm-discuss] Release 0.2.2 This Week
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:32:19 -0600

all,

  i found what was breaking the GNUstep app compatibility (such a dumb
mistake), but i don't know how perfect everything is going to be by tomorrow
(which is when i'd like to commit my changes & do the 0.2.2 release).  to
rehash/add to previous comments, here's what's going into this release:

- background images supported & loaded with themes
- titlebar/button height determined by *font size*, making things much
cleaner looking
- client response to property changes is more sane, most notably resulting
in a correctly updating titlebar
- GNUstep application support is less broken, but still not perfect

  PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS QUESTION:  would you rather have IWM continue to
load images into the resizebar (allowing for windowmaker-esque themes, but
increasing memory usage), or would you prefer a more NeXT-ish style, plain
window that could have the resize-corners' color determined in the defaults?

- ian