Re: GNUstep and FreeBSD (4.6 and 5.0)

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: GNUstep and FreeBSD (4.6 and 5.0)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:18:17 +0000

> NSApplication.m:200 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend.
> Can't load backend bundle

Hmmm. I get this on 4.6-STABLE system if I try and use GCC 3.X compilers.
I end up always having to use the 2.95.4 compiler that comes with the
system.

I know that 5.0 moves the system compiler to be 3.2 - could that
be whats biting you ?

I;ve never got it to work with 3.2 - though other people here say it
worksa fine for them. I dont have a solution if you dont have gcc 2.95
on your boxthough.

-bat.