Re: regexps

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: regexps
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 16:43:14 -0500

From: "Chris B. Vetter" <address@hidden>
To: Marko Riedel <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:11:55 -0800

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:48:58 +0100 (CET)
Marko Riedel <address@hidden> wrote:
> "BTW working on GSMBrowser I really missed my beloved Perl regular
> expressions. I am not at all a regexp expert, but even simple regexps
> can save so much time and code! Maybe we should devise a GNUStep
> interface to the PCRE library (like in PHP) or would this conflict
> with the desire to stick to the original OpenStep specification?"

See somewhere in the middle of that page, PCREParser. Don't know how
mature it is, though.

 This is pretty old, about 1 year ago.
 I was thinking to rewrite it into a bundle
 because MusicBox need a regex engine.
 But I have to rebuild my system first.
 There is also an regex in GNUMail.
 I found WebCore use PCRE.
 It will be nice that there is an official one in gnustep,
 but it might break the portability to Cocoa.

Discuss-gnustep mailing list