Re: Using Objective-C with gcc 3.2 on RH 8.0

From: Alex Majora
Subject: Re: Using Objective-C with gcc 3.2 on RH 8.0
Date: 12 Feb 2003 12:14:38 -0800

>> I looked at GNUstep but can't figure out how to make it all work.
> Do:    . /usr/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

Yes, this worked! I have now 'built' gnumake & gnubase. Now I'll see
if I (a mere moron) can figure out how to get everything hooked up &
running from a user account...!

One quick question: If I build a non-gui app using gnubase, can I then
run that executable on a like machine that doesn't have gnustep
installed? I hope there is a way; it'll make things SO much easier to
distribute.

---

[self eat: humple_pie];

Alright, many MANY "Thank You"'s go to all of you who so very kindly
responded with help! Honest to say, I didn't receive even one flame.
Wow. That says something about the gnustep crowd. Sorry if my
frustration came through a little heavy in the original postings. I'm
not an expert user, but I just got a taste of ObjC and now I'm hooked!
I guess you guys are, too.

Thanks again!
Alex