Re: Question Again, Focusing Mechanism

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Question Again, Focusing Mechanism
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:52:35 -0700

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 12:21 AM, S.J.Chun wrote:

The flickering problem in Windows is caused by the part in NSMenu.m: -canBecomKeyWindow

in NSMenuPanel. It always returns YES even when application main window is.

If I cammented out the "condition and return YES" part so that it always return NO(I know this is

wrong way of fix, but my intension is not fix, just a testing :-), the flickering problem does not

occur.

Why [[NSApp mainMenu] window] condition is used? Does it always return NSMenuPanel ?

You can read the WindowFocus.html document (back/Documentation/Back) about why I allow the main menu to become key. This may not be appropriate for all window managers (e.g. Windows), so perhaps your change is not so bad. I don't know for sure because I haven't tried to run GNUstep on Windows yet. If there is a window that is always on screen that can receive key events, then we should make sure that gets to be key and not the main menu.