Re: Gnustep on alpha linux

From: Andrew Maier
Subject: Re: Gnustep on alpha linux
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:21:54 +0100

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 05:07:28PM +0100, David Ayers wrote:
> I'm not sure about this, but I ran across the following in NSArray.m:
> static int compare(id elem1, id elem2, void* context)
> {
>  return (int)[elem1 performSelector: (SEL)context withObject: elem2];
> }
> would this qualifiy as problematic in this case or does the cast resolve
> the issue?

Indeed this line give the following warning:

 Compiling file NSArray.m ...
 NSArray.m: In function `compare':
 NSArray.m:787: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

But this warning seems more troublesome:

NSArray.m: At top level:
NSArray.m:1894: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type

which is repeated 5 or 6 times for the same line. I am not sure what it
referers to sice NSArray.m only has 1893 lines :(

I will try to build with debug and see what I can come up with.

        Andrew