XFT2+fontconfig for the xlib backend

From: Derek Zhou
Subject: XFT2+fontconfig for the xlib backend
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:03:54 -0800

I've ported the xlib backend from XFT1 to XFT2+fontconfig. Is anyone
interested? How do I submit a patch?
The pros:
Support both bitmap fonts and scalable fonts; the scalable fonts will be
AA'ed.
If you have to, you can toggle between the old fashion X font rendering and
the XFT2 rendering by one simple defaults write.
The cons:
Slow. Even slower than the art-backend. (Doesn't make sense; I need to
investigate) But still usable on my 400M K6.
Derek
BTW: How do I profile a bundle, eg., the backend? I've added "profile = YES"
in the GNUMakefile, but it doesn't seem to do the trick.