Re: collections of primitive types

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: collections of primitive types
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:40:18 +0000

On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 06:26  pm, Travis Griggs wrote:

It looks like I'll have to do my own high res time object,

I'd use NSDate ... resolution is as the system clock will allow... Notionally that's to the microsecond under linux.
I'm not sure what the point would be in having higher resolution.

NSArray looks fine for storing objects. But quite often I want an array of floats or ints. What's the general approach? Do I box up the primitive numbers in objects and use NSArray? Is there a FloatArray or IntArray thing? Write my own?

Generally you use NSNumber objects.

And why can't NSArray hold nil's? I thought nil was an object in Objective-C and that you could send messages to it.

nil is not an object .... but the NSNull class provides an object you can use as a placeholder.