Re: collections of primitive types

From: Travis Griggs
Subject: Re: collections of primitive types
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 08:18:31 -0800

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 11:26 AM, Travis Griggs wrote:

 > It looks like I'll have to do my own high res time object, hopefully
 > these tutorials will elucidate how I build up a reusable library of
 > such objects, and what the common conventions are for doing so. So,
 > I'm on to my next question...
 >
 > NSArray looks fine for storing objects. But quite often I want an
 > array of floats or ints. What's the general approach? Do I box up the
 > primitive numbers in objects and use NSArray? Is there a FloatArray or
 > IntArray thing? Write my own?

FYI, I have a MathArray library that allows you to store numbers
compactly (basically in an NSData object) and also do mathematical and
matrix manipulations on them. I need to make a new release of it
though...

This sounds very cool. I would be very much interested in such a beast.

--
Travis Griggs
Key Technology