Re: gdb question

From: David Relson
Subject: Re: gdb question
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:39:29 -0500

At 09:54 AM 3/14/03, David Relson wrote:

Hi,

What's the current state of Objective-C support in gdb?

The last I knew (a year or so ago), there were some patches for gdb-5.x that provided partial support and Apple was "working on" having their changes merged into the mainline gdb code.

Thanks.

David

Hi,

I think I've answered my own question. A google search found Adam's patch of last August, so I downloaded gdb and started the build/patch/build process. After getting that started, I took a look at the GDB mailing list archive at the RedHat site and found recent messages about Objective-C. _Then_ I took a look at the code in the cvs snapshot and found the Objective-C support _is_ there.

This is fan-tucking-astic! I've been waiting for real gdb support of Objective-C since I stopped using OpenStep 4 yrs ago and started using Linux/GNUstep. This is wonderful!

David